The Hatchery Dream Commercial Kitchen Sponsorship Contest – Official Rules (“Official Rules”)
Date of Official Rules: October 1, 2021
- Definitions. For the purposes of these Official Rules, the following definitions apply:a. “Contest” will mean The Hatchery Chicago Dream Commercial Kitchen Sponsorship Contest, which is sponsored by The Hatchery Chicago with supplemental services or goods provided by Ingredion, Sysco, Zepole, Lifeway, Square, and more.b. “Entrant” or “You” will mean the person who completes and satisfies the eligibility requirements for the Contest and agrees to be bound by the terms of the Official Rules.c. “Entry” will mean the completion of an entry in the Contest as specified in Section 4 of these Official Rules.d. “The Hatchery Chicago” will mean Industrial Council of Nearwest d/b/a The Hatchery Chicago, an Illinois not-for-profit corporation, its directors, officers, agents, successors, and assigns.e. “Prize” will mean the bundle of services and products as described in Section 6 of these Official Rules.f. “Sponsor” will mean The Hatchery Chicago, Ingredion, Sysco, Zepole, Lifeway, Square, and more.
- Eligibility. The Contest is open to Entrants who meet the following eligibility criteria:a. Entrant is a passionate food entrepreneur who has a business that makes baking or confectionary goods, beverages, fermented or acidified foods, or consumer packaged goods products that do not require either any grease production or a kitchen with full cooking capabilities; andb. Entrant is at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of Illinois; andc. At the time of Entry into the Contest, Entrant has a valid email address; andd. Entrant completes and submits an application and, if selected as a finalist, participates in an interview/pitch at The Hatchery Chicago, in compliance with Section 4 of these Official Rules; ande. Entrant has read and is willing to be bound by and comply fully with these Official Rules; andf. Entrant delivers by November 19, 2021 to The Hatchery Chicago at 135 N Kedzie Avenue, Chicago IL 60612 twelve (12) samples of Entrant’s product for evaluation by the Contest judges; and
g. Entrant may submit only one Entry to the Contest; and
h. Entrant is willing to sign an affidavit that he/she meets all eligibility requirements stated in these Official Rules; and
i. Entrant consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, images, and other non-financial information submitted as part of the Contest Entry by Sponsor to promote Sponsor’s services and goods.
Previous or current employees or agents of Sponsor or previous or current private kitchen tenants of The Hatchery Chicago and immediate family members of such employees, agents, or tenants are not eligible to enter the Contest. “Immediate family members” is defined as parents, spouses, former spouses, children, grandchildren, dependents, siblings, and those individuals living in the same household as the employee or agent of Sponsor.
- No Purchase Necessary.Entrant does not need to make any purchase to enter Contest, but, if selected as the Contest Winner, Entrant must be willing and able to pay a $200 move-in fee, satisfy the insurance and licensing requirements for a lease at The Hatchery Chicago, sign a six-month rent-free lease at The Hatchery Chicago, and comply with all lease rules and regulations (including the acquisition/use of specified kitchen cleaning products) to take advantage of the Prize.
- Entering the Contest. The Contest will begin on October 1, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. CST and Entry forms must be submitted by November 1, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. CST (“Entry Period”). To enter the Contest, Entrant must:a. Complete and submit the application form (“Entry Form”) during the Entry Period; andb. Agree that, if selected as a finalist, You will be available to participate in an interview/pitch session with the Sponsor (tentatively scheduled for December 2, 2021) and will tour The Hatchery Chicago facility to ensure it meets Your production needs; andc. Demonstrate Your ability to operate a financially sound enterprise, including through a review of Your enterprise’s business plan, profit and loss statement, and other financial statements; andd. Demonstrate You have or can obtain business registration, insurance, and all the licensing necessary to produce in a commercial shared kitchen at The Hatchery Chicago; ande. Demonstrate a commitment to growth through sharing Your top three business goals for the next year; andf. Illustrate why You want to be a tenant at The Hatchery Chicago and value engaging with the community of entrepreneurial residents and members; and
g. Present a menu of products that do not require any grease production or a kitchen with full cooking capabilities; and
h. Deliver by November 19, 2021 to The Hatchery Chicago at 135 N Kedzie Avenue, Chicago IL 60612 twelve (12) samples of Entrant’s product for evaluation by the Contest judges, with all delivered product shelf-stable for at least two (2) weeks post-delivery; and
i. Agree that, if You are selected as the Contest winner, Sponsor may use Your name, likeness, city and state of residence, and other information You submitted as part of the Entry to promote Sponsor; and
j. Represent that the person completing and submitting the Entry is the Entrant.
The Hatchery Chicago’s email server clock will be the official timekeeper of the Contest.
An Entrant may enter the Contest only once.
At the end of the Entry Period, incomplete entries and entries that do not meet the eligibility criteria stated in Section 2 of these Official Rules will be discarded and deemed void.
All entries, whether complete or incomplete, are and will remain at all times Sponsor’s property and will not be returned or may not be acknowledged.
- Selection of Contest Winner and Entry Clearance. After reviewing all complete Entries, Sponsor will select finalists and notify by email such finalists by November 8, 2021. Each finalist will then be required to participate in an interview/pitch on December 2, 2021 (which date Sponsor may reschedule if it deems necessary in its sole discretion). Sponsor will select a preliminary Contest winner by December 2, 2021 based on the criteria outlined in Section 4 of these Official Rules. Sponsor will then notify the preliminary winner by email by December 2, 2021 that his/her Entry has been selected as the Contest’s preliminary winner, and the preliminary winner must complete the following steps to finalize his/her selection as Contest winner:a. Within one (1) business day of notification by email of his/her selection as Contest winner, send a confirmation email to Sponsor that Entrant remains willing and able to accept the Contest Prize and fulfill all requirements of the Prize; andb. If requested to do so by Sponsor, sign an affidavit attesting that all facts stated in the Entry submitted by the Entrant are true and that Entrant meets all eligibility requirements stated in these Official Rules.If the preliminary winner does not complete the steps identified in Section 5(a)-(b) within the timeframe noted, Entrant forfeits the Prize and Sponsor may select another Contest winner.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value. One Prize will be awarded to the Entrant submitting the first place winning Entry and will consist of:a. $20,000 credit toward kitchen, storage, and equipment rental selected and provided by The Hatchery Chicago (approximately equivalent to six (6) months of operations in a standard private kitchen); andb. One to two (1 to 2) culinary ideation sessions with an expert with an undetermined value; andc. One (1) year of Bloom Membership to The Hatchery Chicago with a $500 value; andd. A starter package of ingredients from Ingredion Incorporated with an undetermined value; ande. Four (4) hours of formulation and product development support with Chef Nelson of Ingredion Incorporated with an undetermined value; andf. Temporary use of a commercial oven, worktable, and smallwares provided by Zepole Supply Co. and owned by The Hatchery Chicago, with an undetermined value; and
g. Ingredients with an estimated $1,000 value from Sysco Corporation; and
h. Credit from Zepole Supply Co. to be used toward purchase of smallwares with value to be determined by Zepole;
- Taxes. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Entrant who receives the Prize.
- Privacy. You are required to provide Sponsor with certain personally identifiable information to participate in the Contest. Sponsor may analyze and use the information that You provide for the purposes of conducting the Contest, sending You emails from Sponsor about the Contest, improving Sponsor’s services, and, if You are selected as the Contest winner, promoting services and goods of Sponsor. Sponsor may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on its behalf, such as analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and operating or hosting the Site, and it may share Your personally identifiable information with these parties. Sponsor encourages these third-party service providers to adopt and post privacy policies; however, the use of Your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to Sponsor’s control. As Sponsor continues to develop its business, it might merge with or be acquired by another company. If this happens, the successor company could acquire the information Sponsor maintains, but personally identifiable information would remain subject to these Official Rules. Sponsor may disclose Your personally identifiable information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or a court order; enforce these Official Rules; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Sponsor or others.
- Disclaimer. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook® or any social media through which promotion of the Contest occurs.
- Indemnification. By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor from and against all claims and expenses, including injuries and attorney fees, arising out of Entrant’s participation in this Contest or acceptance of the Prize.
- Representations and Warranties. Sponsor will use its best efforts to timely review all Contest Entries and select the winning Entry and notify the winning Entrant if he/she is a finalist and/or the Prize winner at the email address provided on his/her Entry form by the dates stated in these Official Rules. Sponsor also will use its best efforts to announce the Contest winner on The Hatchery Chicago website by the date specified in these Official Rules. HOWEVER, SPONSOR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SPONSOR WILL BE ABLE TO NOTIFY THE WINNING ENTRANT BY THE SPECIFIED TIMES, THAT THE WINNING ENTRANT WILL RECEIVE THE EMAIL NOTIFICATION, OR THAT THE CONTEST WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY THE SPECIFIED TIME.SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE CONTEST OR THE PRIZE. SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONTEST, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE FOR LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES, NOR WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF SPONSOR, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE, OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTEST EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE AS STATED IN SECTION 6 ABOVE.
- Site Accessibility and Security. Entrant will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all data lines, computer software and hardware, and other equipment needed to enter the Contest. You acknowledge that sometimes there are interruptions in Internet or email service that are beyond the control of Sponsor, and Sponsor will not be responsible for any Entry or other information lost during Internet transmissions. Sponsor will not be responsible for any person’s inability to enter the Contest.
- Electronic Communication. You agree to receive communications from Sponsor in an electronic form and agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communication that Sponsor provides to You electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if they were in a writing.
- Contest Termination. Sponsor may terminate the Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. The provisions of Sections 4, 8, 10, 11, and 15 will survive any termination of the Contest.
- Dispute Resolution. You agree that this Contest will be interpreted under the laws of the State of Illinois without reference to its conflict of laws provisions. You agree that any action arising out of or relating to the Contest will be brought only in a court located in Cook County, Illinois or, if a federal action, in the Northern District of Illinois. You hereby consent and agree to submit to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any argument of inconvenient forum.
- Completeness and Severability. These Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter herein. No waiver by Sponsor of any breach or default of these Official Rules will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used in these Official Rules are for convenience only and are in no way intended to describe, interpret, define, or limit the scope, extent, or intent of these Official Rules. If a provision of these Official Rules or the application thereof to any person or circumstance is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of these Official Rules and their application will not be affected and will be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Winner’s List. The name of the Entrant submitting the winning Entry for this Contest will be posted on Sponsor’s website and may be posted on other social media sites used by Sponsor.