Accounting Specialist - Chicago, IL
ICNC works to strengthen the companies in the Kinzie Industrial Corridor on Chicago's Near West Side. In addition to representing and providing assistance to hundreds of companies in its community, ICNC owns and operates Make City, a small business incubator which houses 100 small business tenants in its 416,000 square foot facility.
ICNC also co-owns The Hatchery, a food and beverage manufacturing incubator in Chicago’s East Garfield Park neighborhood which assists food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. This facility is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources.
POSITION ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently seeking a talented Accounting Specialist at our office in Chicago, Illinois. This position reports to the company’s Accounting Manager but will also work closely with other departments. The main responsibility of this position is to work with our accounting and property management departments in the areas of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
This position includes ensuring accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, including research/resolution of account and tenant community issues, by working with and through the automation tools currently in place, as well as:
- Perform day to day full cycle accounts payable transactions to ensure accurate and timely payment processing
- Receive, allocate and enter invoices from multi-facilities primarily through Avidexchange and DEXT invoice payment software
- Obtain appropriate verification(s) and approval(s) for invoices before posting.
- Prepare weekly batch check runs
- Ability to process and follow up on "rush" items
- Timely responses to internal and external vendor inquires/issues.
- Research and resolution of invoice or community AP issues.
- Ensure that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
- Maintain effective, timely and professional communication with Community and ICNC employees and management.
- Invoice tenants and others by electronic means via MRI and APTX software
- Post payments by recording cash, checks, ACH, wires and credit card transactions
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries/credit memos
- Resolve collections by examining payment terms, payment history and making collection calls
In addition, the Accounting Specialist will perform other accounting-related tasks as required.
- Associates Degree required
- 2 years of Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable experience
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Excel
- Knowledge of MRI, Avidexchange, APTX and DEXT software is a PLUS
- Proficient with high volume of transactions
- Office environment, but much time to be spent in face-to-face/virtual meetings, involving substantial local travel;
- A computer and workspace, along with access to all software and systems needed for in-office and remote work will be provided
POSITION STRUCTURE & BENEFITS INCENTIVES
- This is a full-time position; Monday-Friday, work schedule can vary; with the ability to work remote 40% of work week after initial training/orientation period;
- Starting annual salary range is $42K-$47K; commensurate with experience.
- Benefit incentives include: One week paid vacation to start and one week personal/sick time off, participation in group health insurance plan, SIMPLE IRA match, short and long term disability and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and professional development training, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program;
- This position is eligible to participate in ICNC’s Great Game of Business growth incentive bonus plan
Please email letter of interest, current resume, and three professional references to:
The subject line must include the recruiting code AS
ICNC is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for its team, the businesses it supports, and ultimately the communities in which it works.