Accounting Manager - Chicago, IL
ICNC works to strengthen the companies in the Kinzie Industrial Corridor on Chicago's Near West Side. In addition to representing and providing assistance to hundreds of companies in its community, ICNC owns and operates Make City, a small business incubator which houses 100 small business tenants in its 416,000 square foot facility.
ICNC also co-owns The Hatchery, a food and beverage manufacturing incubator in Chicago’s East Garfield Park neighborhood which assists food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. This facility is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources.
POSITION ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the organization’s financial planning, accounting, AP/AR, reporting and payroll systems, as well as ensuring compliance with accounting policies and licensing requirements. This position reports to the Chief Finance & Administration Officer.
- Reconcile financial performance monthly and create detailed reports for organization, classes and departments in open-book management system (GGOB);
- Manage AP processes including systems for vendor payments;
- Manage AR processes across departments including monthly reviews with property management team to address aging accounts;
- Manage cash flow, bank accounts and other treasury functions as needed;
- Manage payroll processing and reporting including PTO, benefits and taxes;
- Continuously improve on financial dashboard and templates used for financial reporting;
- Assist in creating annual budget;
- Maintain internal control processes to ensure reliability of reported financial statements;
- Act as primary financial/accounting liaison for Executive Director and leadership team;
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and lead annual audit and tax preparation process with auditor;
- Support grant applications, budgets and financial reporting with funders including the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago.
- Maintain compliance calendar to ensure accounting, licensing, insurance and contractual deadlines are met;
- Evaluate and propose new controls, compliance and financial management practices on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, CPA preferred
- Experience working with accounting applications including Quickbooks, MRI, Dext and ADP;
- Expertise creating financial reports for internal and audit purposes; skilled at using Excel to analyze data using pivot tables and charts;
- Experience with non-profit accounting, including grant budgeting and reporting a plus;
- High level of trust and attention to detail
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for ICNC’s mission;
- Strong communication skills and capable of building constructive and effective relationships with a range of people across the organization;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet established goals and deadlines;
- Skilled coordinating a variety of projects simultaneously;
- Willingness to work flexible, varying hours, including occasional evenings and weekends as needed
- There will be a mix of individual and collaborative tasks online and in-person as more people return to the office.
- ICNC will provide a computer and workspace along with access to all software and systems needed for in-office and remote work.
POSITION STRUCTURE & BENEFITS INCENTIVES
- This is a full-time position; Monday-Friday, work schedule can vary; with the ability to work remote 40% of work week
- Starting annual salary range is $51K-60K; commensurate with experience;
- Benefit incentives include: One week paid vacation to start and one week personal/sick time off, participation in group health insurance plan, SIMPLE IRA match, short and long term disability and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and professional development training, flexible spending accounts and employee assistance program
- This position is eligible to participate in ICNC’s Great Game of Business growth incentive bonus plan
Please email letter of interest, current resume, and three professional references to:
The subject line must include the recruiting code ACM
ICNC is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for its team, the businesses it supports, and ultimately the communities in which it works.