Employment opportunities will be posted on this page, in our newsletter, and on social media. Please do not submit or email any applications/resumes until you see a specific job posting.
In the meantime, if you are interested in an internship, please feel free to complete this form.
Administrative Assistant, The Hatchery Chicago (Food Business Incubator)
The Hatchery is a non-profit incubator that helps food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. It is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources. The Hatchery is building one of the largest food & beverage incubators in the U.S. and will be among the first to be built from the ground up. The Hatchery currently operates out of one of the oldest and largest business incubators in the U.S., the Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago (ICNC).
We are looking for a highly organized and energetic individual who is passionate about the food & beverage industry. You will have the exciting opportunity to help us grow this budding organization that will have a major impact on the local community through job creation and economic growth. This role includes managing the day-to-day administrative operations of The Hatchery, supporting weekly events, and responding to inbound inquiries (e.g., via phone or email) regarding The Hatchery.
Looking for someone with strong organization and communications skills who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment. Ability to grow within organization over time.
General Office Management
- Answer inbound inquiries including answering the main Hatchery phone line and firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox
- Greet and provide general support to visitors
- Manage the office—including paperwork, mailings, general organization, tidying up, filing, data entry, etc.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Order necessary supplies for events and office
- Assist with event setup
- Type minutes, transcribe notes, etc.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment
- Provide general support to the Hatchery team as needed
- Proven experience as an event coordinator, planner
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be a quick learner with proven ability to work efficiently with high accuracy
- Must be comfortable with managing multiple sets of priorities on a tight timeline
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask efficiently
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about food and helping create sustainable economic growth in local communities
- Tech-savvy, comfortable using different and new kinds of technology
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Experience in the food & beverage industry a bonus
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and WordPress a plus
- Bonus if a notary public
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Subject heading should read: “Application: Hatchery Administrative Assistant”
Salary: $30,000- $35,000 plus benefits