Employment opportunities will be posted on this page, in our newsletter, and on social media. Please do not submit or email any applications/resumes until you see a specific job posting.
In the meantime, if you are interested in an internship, please feel free to complete this form.
Program & Events Manager, The Hatchery Chicago (Food Business Incubator)
The Hatchery is a non-profit startup incubator that helps food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. It is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources. The Hatchery is building one of the largest food & beverage incubators in the US and will be among the first to be built from the ground up. The Hatchery currently operates out of the oldest and largest business incubator in the US, the Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago (ICNC).
We are looking for a highly organized and creative individual who is passionate about the food & beverage industry. You will have the exciting opportunity to help us build out programing designed to support local entrepreneurs. This role includes managing the workshops, seminars, classes, and events that are held regularly at The Hatchery or off-site. The role also includes responding to inbound requests about The Hatchery and overseeing communications with Hatchery Members.
Looking for someone with strong communication skills, who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment. Ability to grow within organization over time.
Programming and Other Hatchery Events
- Coordinate and manage Hatchery events, including seminars, workshops, classes, and networking events
- Coordinate and manage off-site events for Hatchery members, including participation in markets, product promotion, trade shows, etc.
- Manage evaluations and extract lessons learned to continuously improve offerings
- Research trends and insights to help develop new, relevant programming content
- Connect with industry experts to speak at events and courses
- Develop and implement new curriculum strategies
- Market and promote classes and workshops to the community
- Order necessary supplies for events
- Answer all inquiries around programming and membership
- Develop newsletters and marketing materials for programming and member events
- Manage social media accounts
- Track and record data
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Proven experience as an event coordinator, planner, and/or PR
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as printers
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask efficiently
- Passionate about food and helping create sustainable economic growth in local communities
- Tech-savvy, comfortable using different and new kinds of technology
- College degree
- Experience in the food and/or education industry a bonus
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and WordPress a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Subject heading should read: “Application: Hatchery Program & Events Manager”
Salary: $42,000-$47,000 plus benefits