Program Coordinator (5-6 Contract) - Chicago, IL
ICNC works to strengthen the companies in the Kinzie Industrial Corridor on Chicago's Near West Side. In addition to representing and providing assistance to hundreds of companies in its community, ICNC owns and operates Make City, a small business incubator which houses 100 small business tenants in its 416,000 square foot facility.
ICNC also co-owns The Hatchery, a food and beverage manufacturing incubator in Chicago’s East Garfield Park neighborhood which assists food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. This facility is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources.
POSITION ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This grant funded contract position (5-6 months) will primarily coordinate 2 specialty programs. Skill sets that will assist you in succeeding in this role include facilitation, curriculum design, project management, communication skills and experience working with south and west side Chicago residents and corporate partners.
- The successful candidate will work with program partners in developing curriculum and learning outcomes.
- The ability to motivate and inspire job seekers from the south and west side of Chicago to develop awareness and interest in manufacturing and customer service careers.
- Experience presenting to diverse groups of individuals, with an ability to be engaging, interactive, and inspiring
- Develop and maintain on-going relationships between corporate/non-profit partners and ICNC including regular communication and problem-solving activities
- Building comprehensive structures for the program
- Track and analyze program metrics regarding participation and results
- Identify areas for improvement and implement new strategies
- Oversee all logistics and content for program sessions
- Lead orientations and training sessions for entrepreneurs, participants, and partner organizations.
- Work closely with the workforce development team to ensure proper development of the training program
- High level of efficiency and organization, ability to manage time effectively and efficiently, and handle multiple tasks.
- Effective interpersonal and deep knowledge of effective problem-solving strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically in business-style writing
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the broader organizations Vision, and inspire and motivate teams
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships across all levels of the organization
- Capable of achieving consensus in groups while demonstrating modern group facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft resources
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Business, or Non-Profit management, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- 1-3 years’ experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Proficient level of skills in curriculum design and or project management
- The position would be 80% on site at the hatchery located at 135 N Kedzie with an option of 20% remote.
- Contractor will need to have access to their own laptop
POSITION STRUCTURE & BENEFITS INCENTIVES
- This is a 5–6-month contract position; Monday-Friday, work schedule can vary; with the ability to work remote 20% of work week after initial training/orientation period. There may be opportunities to transition into a full-time role. Hourly rate would be $26.00-$30.00 an hour working 30-40 hours a week, commensurate with experience.
Please email letter of interest, current resume, and three professional references to:
Program Coordinator (Contract)
The subject line must include the recruiting code PC
ICNC is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for its team, the businesses it supports, and ultimately the communities in which it works.