The Hatchery Chicago, part of ICNC, is a nonprofit incubator and innovation center, helping food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. Our facility, located in East Garfield Park, is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources.
We are looking for a sales training specialist who is a great culture fit with strong communication skills. Candidate must have exceptional customer service and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment. This role is best suited for a highly organized individual who is passionate about the food & beverage industry and keen on helping entrepreneurs achieve success.
You will have the exciting opportunity to work closely with startup companies to best develop robust sales training and ecommerce programs. The Sales Training specialist will also be responsible for helping our community residents on the West side of Chicago gain opportunities and access to resources while strategizing on how the industry can diversify shelves and create a more inclusive environment. Must be able to work flexible hours. Presently the position will be remote with plans to be onsite in Garfield Park. Ability to grow within the organization over time.
- Build a robust sales educational program that supports entrepreneurs in developing new sales channels via retail and ecommerce
- Establish curriculum content and templates for subjects including:
- Sell Sheets
- Pricing & promotions
- “Getting onto the shelf” in-store and online
- On-shelf and online packaging design
- Buyer communication strategies
- FDA Regulations for small and large retailers
- In-store and online demos
- Certification requirements for retailers
- Support markets & events including farmer’s markets, artisan markets and trade shows
- Build and manage partnerships with retailers, distributors and brokers
- Comprehensive food and beverage industry research and analysis
- Identify experts, partners and coaches who can share expertise via programming
- Enhance business scaling opportunities (distribution and manufacturing)
- Work one-on-one with entrepreneurs and collect data
- Conduct annual exclusive buyer events/pitch sessions for partners and sponsors
- Working closely with marketing department to promote programming and share member success stories
- Proven experience in food and beverage Ideally 2 + years working as a buyer, assistant buyer, broker and/or sales specialist for an existing brand.
- College degree
- Food and Beverage merchandising/sales experience
- Strong understanding of food and beverage language
- Comprehensive financial experience and understanding of food and beverage pricing
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams)
- Strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be comfortable cold calling and emailing
Office environment, but much time to be spent in face-to-face contact with retailers, entrepreneurs and other partners. Some local travel.
Position Structure and Benefit Incentives:
This is a full-time position; 40 hours per week; Primary schedule will be 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday. There will be periodic evening and weekend hours
Starting annual salary range is $47K-$55K; commensurate with experience
Benefit incentives includes: One week paid vacation to start and one week personal/sick time off, participation in group health insurance plan, SIMPLE IRA, short and long term disability and life insurance; training and career development opportunities available
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2021
The Hatchery Chicago and ICNC are equal opportunity employers and provides a smoke-free, drug-free work place.