ICNC and the Hatchery Chicago have been awarded a grant to support the entrepreneurial community while providing food to West Side community residents. Food will be prepared by The Hatchery Chicago entrepreneurs and distribution will be at The Hatchery Chicago and through community-based organizations.
ICNC and The Hatchery Chicago are in search of a Program Coordinator who will oversee the Hatch-Made Meals program and assist overall programming to further support our community.
The ideal candidate will be a Chicago resident, preferably from one of the following West Side communities: Garfield Park, Austin, Humboldt Park, or North Lawndale. Project management, communication, logistics skills, and familiarity with food service are required.
This role involves developing a robust and sustainable program that further supports entrepreneurs and the local community. The program coordinator will thoughtfully engage entrepreneurs, partners, and community residents. We are looking for someone who is a great culture fit with strong communication skills and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Further develop and launch the Hatch-Made Meals program
- Create a strategic plan for scheduling and communications
- Supervise and support Kitchen Assistant in their day-to-day kitchen duties including training, check in/check out, cleaning procedures, and menu recipe requirements
- Schedule and coordinate entrepreneurs, approve menu, and communicate expectations and service times
- Develop an onboarding program for all kitchen users in conjunction with The Hatchery Chicago leadership
- Work with The Hatchery Chicago team members to continue implementing safety protocols
- Follow all COVID-19 food sanitation and health procedures; ensure entrepreneurs know and understand expectations
- Coordinate invoicing/payment to entrepreneurs
- Identify, connect, and coordinate with community partners including logistics, number of meals, delivery or pick up schedule, preferences, etc.
- Manage existing partner relationships and identify new partnership opportunities
- Serve as a liaison between community partners, entrepreneurs, and internal management
- Manage volunteers, interns, and/or additional staff who attend distribution days
- Use customer service skills to ensure all community residents receive the food that they need
Data Collection and Programing:
- Research and stay up to date with Department of Health, FDA, USDA, and all governing regulations
- Develop coaching and programming to better support entrepreneurial community
- Ensure all program activities and grant obligations are implemented and achieved
- Prepare reporting in compliance with the grant
- Prepare and share accurate performance reports (monthly/annually)
- Present new program initiatives to large groups of entrepreneurs, team, and stakeholders
- Support fundraising activities
- Collaborate with The Hatchery Chicago staff on existing programs that support food and beverage entrepreneurs as needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Be able to obtain a ServSafe Manager License
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint in particular)
- Passionate about food and helping create sustainable economic growth in local communities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Excellent customer service and great follow-up and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate any issues or challenges posed by community partners and/or entrepreneurs to internal management
- Maintain partnerships with entrepreneurs
- Manage relationships with community-based organizations
- Active listener who understands the importance of accountability
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem solve, and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision
- Self-starter that is energetic, creative, proactive, and responsible
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
135 N. Kedzie Chicago, IL 60612
This is a salaried, exempt position. Salary will range between $43,000 to $45,000, commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note job title in subject line.