The Hatchery Chicago, part of ICNC, is a nonprofit incubator and innovation center, helping food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. Our facility, located in East Garfield Park, is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Marketing Communications Manager who is a great culture fit. Candidate must have exceptional communication and customer service skills and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment. This role is best suited for an energetic, highly organized people person, who is passionate about our mission and keen on helping entrepreneurs and our community grow.
You will have the exciting opportunity to work closely with startup companies, corporate partners and community partners. The Marketing Communications Manager will be a strong representative of the organization and will, at times, speak publicly to ensure our mission is effectively shared.
Must be able to work flexible hours. Presently the position will be remote with plans to be onsite in Garfield Park. Ability to grow within the organization over time.
Position Activities and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee all strategic marketing campaigns, creating content for website, social media, email marketing and printed materials.
- Manage a small team including our marketing and events coordinator
- Use data and customer feedback to develop new marketing strategies for tenant acquisition, programming, partnership & community outreach, and member support
- Ensure all marketing and event policies are carefully followed by team, members and media at The Hatchery
- Conduct market research and apply learnings to marketing strategies
- Design and develop newsletters, marketing materials, presentation decks, flyers, display signage, press and promotional kits
- Track social media performance and metrics and develop strategies to increase engagement
- Develop and support webinar development
- Build marketing training programs
- Aggregate and analyze data and develop annual market reports
- Oversee external and internal communications
- Support all departments with ongoing and new programming
- Create efficiencies throughout all communication systems including website, ticketing pages, CRM and social media
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with press, journalists, media and influencers
- Oversee internal events including annual fundraiser, entrepreneur bookings, pitch contests, immersions and community events.
- Coordinate participation and manage in-person logistics for external and promotional events including trade shows, speaking engagements and conferences.
- Develop event agreements and oversee completion and collection of documents including agreements, COI’s, and payments.
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in communications, marketing or liberal arts)
- Proven experience in marketing role, 2 years minimum
- Project management and client relations expertise
- Experience in social media and content creation is a MUST
- Experience creating and managing email marketing campaigns using CRM software
- Website development and management, experience with WordPress development a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and Canva)
- Experience in a leadership role
- Great follow-up and interpersonal skills
- Must be a quick learner with proven ability to work efficiently with high accuracy
- Must be comfortable with managing multiple sets of priorities on a tight timeline
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask efficiently
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Zoom and other webinar platforms
- Experience with event planning
- Experience analyzing marketing data from platforms like Google Analytics a plus
- Experience working with nonprofits and in community development a PLUS
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, critically problem solve and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision
- Self-starter that is energetic, creative, proactive, and responsible
- Experience in the food & beverage industry a PLUS
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Event Management will require you to stand for an extended period of time, periodically lift 25 pounds, twist and bend.
Position Structure and Benefit Incentives:
- This is a full-time position; usually Monday-Friday, occasional evenings and weekends
- Starting annual salary range is $55K-$60K; commensurate with experience
- Benefit incentives includes: One week paid vacation to start and one week personal/sick time off, participation in group health insurance plan, SIMPLE IRA, short and long term disability and life insurance; training and career development opportunities available
How to Apply:
Please email letter of interest, current resume, and three professional references to:
- Marketing and Communications Manager Search Committee
- The subject line must include the recruiting code MCM
- For further information about the organizations, please visit the Hatchery Chicago’s website at www.thehatcherychicago.org or ICNC’s website at: www.industrialcouncil.com. The following video link represents our entrepreneurs at work https://vimeo.com/513974706/011e6533f6
The Hatchery Chicago and ICNC are equal opportunity employers and provides a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.