The Hatchery Chicago is a non-profit incubator that helps food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. It is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources. The Hatchery is set in one of the largest food & beverage incubators in the U.S. and is among the first to be built from the ground up.
Kitchen Sanitation Team Member will be:
An energetic individual who supports our abilities to enable our kitchens to run smoothly by maintaining a safe, clean, and friendly work environment or our members. A quick learner that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with constant change. You enjoy keeping food production environments clean, safe and productive. Your availability is flexible and you’re interested in learning new things. You are able to take ownership of the environment in which you work.
As a Kitchen Operations Team Member, your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage cleaning of kitchen areas and inventory of supplies
- Inspect Shared Kitchen, refill supplies and clean equipment as needed
- Manage all kitchen tracking systems including temp and usage logs
- Assist with vendor deliveries and service visits
- Insure Food Safety handling methods and kitchen use are in accordance with local, state and federal law, standard operating procedures and Hatchery policies
- Support new procedures to improve facility, kitchen safety and sanitation, and resident operations
- Resolve day-to-day problems with residents and proactively address issues to prevent them from escalating
- Work with Hatchery team to manage food production area of facility including kitchen-related projects for partners, corporate sponsors and residents
- Offer exceptional customer service and support to kitchen residents and teams!
Your skills and experience should include:
- High school diploma or equivalent; college/culinary degree preferred
- Work experience of at least one year in a kitchen or sanitation management role
- Work experience of at least one year in a customer-facing role preferred
- Culinary or commercial food production experience a plus
- Experience with supporting Food Safety programs a plus
- ServSafe Handlers Certificate required; Managers certification a plus
Hourly rate: $15/hour
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Must have a flexible schedule. Early morning, evening and weekend hours expected.
Hours of operation 5am-Midnight.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Nancy@industrialcouncil.com with the subject line “Kitchen Supervisor at The Hatchery Chicago”.