The Hatchery Chicago is a non-profit incubator that helps food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. It is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources. The Hatchery is set in East Garfield Park at 135 North Kedzie and is one of the largest food & beverage incubators in the U.S.
KITCHEN & FACILITY ASSISTANT will be:
An energetic individual who ensures our kitchens run smoothly by maintaining a safe, clean, and friendly work environment for our members. A quick learner that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with constant change. You’re passionate and excited about helping entrepreneurs grow. You move with purpose and have an eye for detail. Your availability is flexible and you’re interested in learning new things. You are highly organized and must be comfortable with building tracking tools and logging information. You are able to work independently, without direct supervision and take ownership of the environment in which you work.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping maintain kitchen standards within the facility for both private and shared kitchens.
- Greeting members as they check into the main shared kitchen stations and private kitchens.
- Following systems to insure the facility is operating smoothly and residents are following guidelines and procedures.
- Note any and all important activities as they relate to food safety and facility maintenance
- Supporting members by maintaining cleanliness in main shared kitchen; may include dish and equipment cleaning and general cleaning like sweeping, mopping, maintaining the restrooms and handling trash/recycling.
- Working to uphold health and safety regulations in accordance with local, state and federal law by following standard operating procedures and policies.
- Guiding members in observing kitchen policies and procedures.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization in shared storage spaces.
- Checking members out of stations and verifying station cleanliness after each use.
- Completing daily logs and checklists for temperature and cleanliness.
- Addressing member needs as they arise throughout your shift.
- Manage incoming and outgoing goods
- Ordering and restocking cleaning and storage supplies
- Plus other job duties as assigned
Your skills and experience should include:
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Prior work experience with commercial kitchen equipment a plus
- Prior industrial sanitation experience a plus
- Prior work experience in a customer facing role, required.
- Proficient with Google Docs
- ServSafe certification required
- High school diploma or equivalent
Hours: 20 hours a week Evening and weekend hours
Part time- $15/hour
Opportunity to become a full-time position.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject: Kitchen & Facility Assistant Application