The Hatchery is a non-profit startup incubator that helps food & beverage entrepreneurs grow their businesses. It is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources. The Hatchery is housed in one of the largest food & beverage incubators in the US and is among the first to be built from the ground up.
We are looking for a highly organized, fast-acting, and intuitive individual who is passionate about the food & beverage industry as well as bringing ideas to life. You will have the exciting opportunity to help us implement our marketing strategy and create exceptional events for the Hatchery Chicago community, including networking events for local entrepreneurs, panel discussions, immersion experiences for partners, leadership summits, team-building sessions, experiential events and more.
This role includes event operations management, developing and executing successful events, and email and social media marketing.
We are looking for someone who is a great culture fit with strong communication skills and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment. The Event and Marketing Coordinator must be able to work flexible hours and occasional weekends based on the event schedule. Ability to grow within the organization over time.
Oversee Event Venue Coordination
- Coordinate and manage events hosted by external parties at The Hatchery facility
- Manage all incoming event inquiries and serve as the point-of-contact for event hosts at The Hatchery
- Build on agreements and contracts
- Manage event payment processes
- Maintain event space, including conducting supplies inventory, cleaning the space, and arranging furniture
- Build on processes and systems for event bookings and event management
- Design a strong and effective inquiry form and Event Space FAQ document
Create and Coordinate Hatchery Events
- Coordinate and manage Hatchery events, including networking events, panels, immersion experiences, leadership summits, team building sessions, experiential events, fundraisers and events booked by external parties
- Design new events in line with The Hatchery’s mission
- Identify and track key metrics for success of Hatchery events
- Connect with industry experts to speak at events
- Market and promote events
Support Creation and Implementation of Marketing and Social Media Campaigns
- Create social media content that speaks to our audience of food & beverage entrepreneurs
- Develop and implement digital marketing campaigns
- Track, analyze, and report on the performance of marketing campaigns
- Research and draft long-form content (blog posts, sell sheets, newsletters, etc.)
- Proven experience in a marketing and events role
- Understanding of social media landscape and content creation across Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Experience in providing customer service to a variety of diverse stakeholders
- Interest in the food & beverage industry, industry experience preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours depending on event schedule
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask efficiently
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fast thinker with the ability to resolve situations under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular)
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Problem-solving skills
- Tech-savvy, comfortable using different and new kinds of technology
- Experience in the food and/or education industry a bonus
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and WordPress a plus
The Event Coordinator will be required to:
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force regularly to move office furniture, AV equipment, and catering supplies.
- Move about on foot on concrete floors over the course of events.
- Receive and express detailed information through oral and written communication.
- Utilize close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer, and extensive reading.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
$40,000- $43,000 plus benefits