Employment opportunities will be posted on this page, in our newsletter, and on social media. Please do not submit or email any applications/resumes until you see a specific job posting.
In the meantime, if you are interested in an internship, please feel free to complete this form.
Do you want to help find and welcome tenants to the country’s most innovative new food incubator? Would you like to help growing food and beverage companies make their next home at the Hatchery? If so, we want to talk to you.
Property Administrator [with the Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago (ICNC)]
Position Activities and Responsibilities:
The Property Administrator will provide support to and be responsible for a wide range of leasing, accounting, and contracted services. This is a full-time position and reports to the Property Manager.
- Request and process prospective tenant paperwork during application period, including credit checks, financial statements, and business plans
- Manage coordination of new lease signing, tenant requests for modifications, lease abstractions and file maintenance using internal customer database
- Track and manage lease expirations and process forms during renewal process
- Assist during tenant move-in/move-out processes and procedures
- Ensure all tenants have current certificates of insurance (COI) on file
- Oversee, respond, and delegate tenant maintenance and service requests
- Update and maintain Facilities Operations Manual and Standard Operating Procedures
- Generate contracts for services at the property with input from Property Manager and Building Engineers
- Manage vendor relationships
- Assist with special projects/assignments
Accounting and Finance Support
- Upload and enter approved bills into property management database
- Manage monthly tenant balances, including sending out monthly tenant statements
- Post tenant payments and late fees and manage overdue account as needed
- Process monthly tenant pay backs, including utilities and CAM reconciliations
- Manage collection procedures for overdue accounts
- Assist the Property Manager in preparation of the annual asset plan and budget
- Other related duties as assigned by the Property Manager
- Four-year college degree or a minimum of one to two years of relevant property management experience, office, or industrial commercial property management preferred
- Must be able to travel and use personal vehicle as necessary to perform work-related activities – travel and mileage expenses will be reimbursed
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers, tenants, and vendors
- Excellent administrative and organization skills; comprehensive understanding of databases and filing systems
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite required, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Sharepoint are essential
- Previous knowledge of property management database software (i.e. MRI), Salesforce, Constant Contact, and bookkeeping is a plus
- Active listener and understands the importance of accountability
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, critically problem solve, and exercise good judgment with minimal supervision
- Self-starter that is energetic, creative, proactive, and responsible
- Great follow-up and interpersonal skills
- Possess the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Able to work effectively under time pressure and/or deadlines and work flexible hours
Open office environment, but much time to be spent walking the properties (5 buildings total, at two different locations), in particular, may spend a large part of work day meeting with building engineers, showing spaces, checking in with maintenance staff, or investigating problems reported by tenants. In absence of Property Manager and/or Building Engineer, may need to be available to handle emergencies.
Position Structure and Benefit Incentives:
- This is a full-time position; 40 hours per week; 8:30 AM-5 PM, Monday-Friday
- Starting annual salary range is $30K-$45K; commensurate with experience
- Benefit incentives includes: One week paid vacation to start and one week personal/sick time off, participation in group health insurance plan, SIMPLE IRA, short and long term disability and life insurance; Training and career development opportunities available
How to Apply:
Please email letter of interest, current resume, and three professional references to:
Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago (ICNC)
Property Administrator Search Committee
320 North Damen Avenue, 1st fl.
Chicago, IL 60612
The subject line must include the recruiting code PASC
No phone calls will be taken regarding this job announcement. For further information about the organization, please visit ICNC’s website at: www.industrialcouncil.com.
ICNC is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke-free, drug-free work place.